These apples are sautéed in a brown sugar and cinnamon combination, making them insanely scrumptious! It’s a match made in heaven whenever you high them with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Apples are made for the autumn season, and there are SO many scrumptious apple recipes on the market! I would like you to attempt a number of extra of the most effective ones that I’ve. Begin with this apple butter, this beautiful apple tart and this scrumptious Irish apple cake!
Sautéed Apples Recipe
Apple season is nearly right here, and boy am I prepared for it! I feel apple recipes are the one style that I by no means get sick of. I want that it was apple season all yr spherical! So with regards to this time of yr then, I make as many apple recipes as doable. How are you going to not when you may make superb side dishes and desserts with this crispy and scrumptious fruit?
This recipe for sautéed cinnamon apples goes to blow you away! They’re sauteed in a scrumptious combination of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. If I haven’t satisfied you with these components, then let me inform you concerning the texture. The apples are simply crispy sufficient that they provide off that Autumn vibe after which coated in a scrumptious sauce. You’ll not wish to cease consuming these!
Substances in Sautéed Apples
This recipe solely makes use of six components, so it doesn’t get a lot simpler than that! You can also make this recipe all yr lengthy. It makes an important after-school snack, and my children go loopy over them! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the publish for precise ingredient measurements.
- Apples: You’ll be able to us any number of apple on this recipe! My alternative is gala apples or honey crisp apples however I additionally love the tangy distinction once I use granny smith apples.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter on this recipe.
- Cornstarch and Water: You mix these two after which add them to the combination to thicken it up.
- Brown Sugar: This caramelizes creating that scrumptious base for the apple combination.
- Cinnamon: No ingredient screams fall greater than cinnamon! Nicely, perhaps nutmeg…
The best way to Make Sautéed Apples
These scrumptious apples solely take about quarter-hour from begin to end. As a result of that is such a straightforward and versatile recipe, you’ll be utilizing all of it yr lengthy!
- Slice: Begin by coring and slicing your apples ¼ inch thick. In a medium sauce pan over medium excessive warmth add the butter and soften.
- Sauté: Add within the apples and sauté for 4-5 minutes over medium warmth till they begin to soften.
- Mix: In a small bowl mix the water and cornstarch. Pour over the apples and add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Thicken: Stir till the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
The best way to Decide Good Apples
The important thing to creating any apple recipe end up nicely is that you simply have to begin out with good apples. If they’re mushy or not ripe, irrespective of how good of a cook dinner you might be, your recipe is not going to end up. Together with these sautéed apples!
- Crisp: The very first thing (and most necessary factor, in my view) it’s essential search for in an apple is how crisp it’s. If there’s any a part of the apple that’s comfortable or you may dent it along with your finger, put it again! An apple ought to all the time be ripe and crisp.
- Bruising: Look over the apple and be sure that there are not any comfortable spots or bruising.
- Shade: An apple ought to have shiny, deep-colored pores and skin when it’s able to eat.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
After your sautéed apples have cooled, place them in an hermetic container and put them in your fridge. They’ll final about 4 days! If you find yourself able to eat them, you may serve them chilly or heat them up within the microwave or on the range.
Begin by coring and slicing your apples ¼ inch thick. In a medium sauce pan over medium excessive warmth add the butter and soften.
Add within the apples and sauté for 4-5 minutes till they begin to soften.
In a small bowl mix the water and cornstarch. Pour over the apples and add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
Stir till the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Energy327kcal (16%)Carbohydrates59g (20%)Protein1g (2%)Fats12g (18%)Saturated Fats7g (35%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gTrans Fats0.5gLdl cholesterol31mg (10%)Sodium103mg (4%)Potassium281mg (8%)Fiber6g (24%)Sugar50g (56%)Vitamin A476IU (10%)Vitamin C10mg (12%)Calcium46mg (5%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.