Making a giant pot of turkey noodle soup is one of the best ways to make use of up your Thanksgiving leftovers! It’s creamy, savory, and stuffed with scrumptious herbs and veggies! Your loved ones goes to like this straightforward, hearty meal.
Nothing compares to selfmade soup. It’s simply so flavorful, comforting, and scrumptious! I’ve too many favourite soup recipes to depend. A number of you’ve received to strive, although, is that this copycat zuppa toscana, pasta e fagioli, and Italian wedding soup!
Turkey Noodle Soup (Nice for Thanksgiving Leftovers!)
I don’t learn about you, however after Thanksgiving I all the time have extra turkey than I do know what to do with. You possibly can solely have so many turkey steaks earlier than you begin to get burned out, so make this soup as an alternative! I truthfully assume it rivals my homemade chicken noodle, and that’s saying one thing! When you do this turkey noodle soup for your self, you’ll see what I imply. It’s simply too good.
That is one in all my favourite issues to make after Thanksgiving as a result of it’s so comforting and scrumptious. The broth is extraordinarily flavorful and creamy! When you add contemporary herbs, veggies, and thick egg noodles, it actually comes collectively. After all, we will’t neglect the leftover Thanksgiving turkey you labored so laborious on! Shred some up for juicy bits of goodness all through this scrumptious selfmade soup. From there, all you’ll want to do is seize some saltine crackers and prepare for a comfy evening in!
Substances for Turkey Noodle Soup
The wonderful thing about this turkey noodle soup is the entire pantry staples it makes use of. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, the final factor I wish to do is make a visit to the grocery retailer! See the recipe card under for precise measurements.
- Butter: Used for cooking the diced veggies in.
- Onion: For soups, I often use sweeter onions. Go for white or yellow!
- Carrots: You’ll need these to be peeled and diced.
- Celery Stalks: I like diced celery in soup as a result of it provides the perfect texture!
- Minced Garlic: Contemporary garlic is the perfect for including in savory taste.
- Herbs: Time to interrupt out your spice rack! To present your soup the perfect taste, add dried thyme, dried parsley, and dried basil as nicely.
- Flour: Add somewhat flour to thicken your broth.
- Turkey Broth: This acts as the bottom of your soup. You possibly can both use prepackaged broth or make your personal! Rooster broth may even work.
- Shredded Turkey: One other means to make use of up leftover turkey meat from Thanksgiving!
- Canned Evaporated Milk: A must-add for creaminess.
- Salt and Pepper: Add each to style.
- Noodles: I used dried selfmade fashion egg noodles.
- Frozen Peas: You’ll throw these in on the finish to make your turkey soup somewhat extra hearty.
Utilizing Bouillon Cubes
For an additional pop of savory taste, throw in a chicken bouillon cube! It offers this turkey noodle soup the right seasoned, umami taste. I sometimes use 1 bouillon dice per 2 cups of water.
Let’s Make Some Do-it-yourself Soup!
This noodle soup is SO straightforward to make and the perfect for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! Your loved ones goes to like it. When you begin making soup from scratch, you received’t return!
- Cook dinner Greens: In a big pot over medium excessive warmth, add the butter and soften. Then add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook dinner and stir till greens are softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley, and basil, and cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Add Flour: Sprinkle the flour over the cooked greens. Stir till a paste kinds.
- Add Broth: Add the broth, thyme, parsley, and basil, and whisk for about 5 minutes or till the combination begins to barely thicken.
- Combine in Remaining Substances, Simmer: Add the shredded turkey, evaporated milk, and noodles to the pot. Cut back the warmth to low and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till the noodles are tender. Stir within the frozen peas and cook dinner an extra 5 minutes.
- Season to Style: Earlier than serving, regulate the seasoning by including salt and pepper if wanted. The seasoning will should be adjusted relying on how seasoned the turkey is that you’re utilizing. Garnish with contemporary parsley!
Making Do-it-yourself Turkey Inventory
This turkey noodle soup is tremendous straightforward to make from scratch due to the entire leftovers from Thanksgiving. If you wish to make selfmade turkey inventory, save your turkey carcass and bones. Add it to a big stockpot with one gallon of water alongside along with your favourite herbs and seasonings. Then, let it simmer for about 3 hours and pressure as soon as it’s achieved. You should utilize this instead of packaged hen or turkey broth.
Is there something higher than leftover soup? It’s really easy to warmth up for a hearty lunch. Now that you’ve a giant pot of turkey noodle soup made, right here’s the right way to maintain it tasting contemporary and scrumptious!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer turkey noodle soup in an hermetic container for 3-4 days.
Can Turkey Noodle Soup Be Frozen?
Sure! Let your turkey noodle soup cool after which switch it to a gallon-sized freezer bag. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
In a big pot over medium excessive warmth, add the butter and soften. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook dinner and stir till greens are softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley, and basil, and cook dinner for 1 minute.
Sprinkle the flour over the cooked greens. Stir till a paste kinds.
Add the broth, thyme, parsley, and basil, and whisk for about 5 minutes or till the combination begins to barely thicken.
Add the shredded turkey, evaporated milk, and noodles to the pot. Cut back the warmth to low and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till the noodles are tender. Stir within the frozen peas and cook dinner an extra 5 minutes.
Earlier than serving, regulate the seasoning by including salt and pepper if wanted. The seasoning will should be adjusted relying on how seasoned the turkey is that you’re utilizing. Garnish with contemporary parsley!
Energy410kcal (21%)Carbohydrates35g (12%)Protein32g (64%)Fats16g (25%)Saturated Fats8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gTrans Fats0.3gLdl cholesterol122mg (41%)Sodium1429mg (60%)Potassium690mg (20%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar11g (12%)Vitamin A5766IU (115%)Vitamin C14mg (17%)Calcium212mg (21%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary data is predicated on third occasion calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.