Image default
The Independent

Brad Pitt to reply ‘in court docket’ to abuse allegations made by Angelina Jolie



Brad Pitt will “reply in court docket” to allegations made by his ex-wife Angelina Jolie that he was abusive in direction of her and their youngsters.

The actor’s lawyer, Anne Kiley, mentioned Pitt had been on the receiving finish of “each kind of private assault and misrepresentation” however wouldn’t “personal something he didn’t do”.

It comes following a latest US authorized submitting by Jolie through which she claimed Pitt was verbally and bodily abusive in direction of his household on a aircraft in September 2016.

The paperwork, obtained by the PA information company, alleged that amongst different issues, the actor had “poured beer and wine” over the heads of the kids and “choked” one in every of them.

In an announcement shared with US retailers on Thursday, Ms Kiley mentioned: “Brad has owned all the things he’s liable for from day one – in contrast to the opposite facet – however he’s not going to personal something he didn’t do.

“He has been on the receiving finish of each kind of private assault and misrepresentation.



Brad has owned all the things he’s liable for from day one — in contrast to the opposite facet — however he’s not going to personal something he didn’t do.

Pitt’s lawyer, Anne Kiley

“Fortunately, the varied public authorities the opposite facet has tried to make use of in opposition to him over the previous six years have made their very own impartial choices.

“Brad will proceed to reply in court docket as he has constantly executed.”

Following the alleged incident in 2016, Jolie filed for divorce 5 days later, and an FBI investigation was launched.

The continued dispute between the couple centres across the sale of their stakes in Chateau Miraval SA, a French firm comprising a house and winery within the south of France, which they bought in 2008.

Pitt has beforehand accused Jolie of orchestrating a “hostile” takeover of the wine enterprise that he had “fastidiously constructed” and compelled him into partnership with “a stranger with toxic associations and intentions” – Russian oligarch Yuri Shefler.

The Miraval property is situated within the village of Correns in south-eastern France, and was purchased by the couple for round 25 million euros (£20,875,500).

In keeping with the authorized paperwork obtained by PA, Pitt contributed 60% to the acquisition worth, with Jolie paying the remaining 40%.

Related posts

Blackouts this winter: What life was like through the Seventies as UK warned of winter swap offs

admin

DWP warns that £324 price of residing funds could fail for some

admin

Inflation is the primary enemy, says Sunak

admin