Image default
The Independent

Six-year-old baby dies following Strep A micro organism outbreak at main college



A six-year-old pupil has died and one other is being cared for in hospital after an outbreak of an invasive micro organism at a main college in Surrey.

The BBC reported the pupils at Ashford Church of England Major College had been believed to be in the identical 12 months group, with the second baby recovering in hospital.

The broadcaster cited the UK Well being Safety Company (UKHSA) as saying the youngsters had caught the invasive group A streptococcal an infection (iGAS), often known as Strep A which causes scarlet fever.



We’re deeply saddened by the loss of life of a pupil at Ashford Church of England College and we provide our honest condolences to their household, pals and the entire college group

Surrey County Council’s Ruth Hutchinson

Pupils and college employees have since been prescribed antibiotics.

Surrey County Council director of public well being Ruth Hutchinson was quoted as saying: “We’re deeply saddened by the loss of life of a pupil at Ashford Church of England College and we provide our honest condolences to their household, pals and the entire college group, who’re in our ideas.”

UKHSA South East well being safety marketing consultant Dr Claire Winslade reportedly mentioned: “Data has been shared with mother and father in regards to the indicators and signs of iGAS, which embrace excessive fever with extreme muscle aches, ache in a single space of the physique and unexplained vomiting or diarrhoea.”

These with the above signs ought to name 111 instantly.

Related posts

As Liz Truss prepares to enter Downing Road, what is going to occur to Larry the cat?

admin

Inflation is the primary enemy, says Sunak

admin

Teenager to cycle 900 miles throughout UK and Eire to boost soil disaster consciousness

admin